As the temperature rises, people seek out foods that are colder. If you’re looking for a cold summer soup, you may be thinking gazpacho. Now most people think of gazpacho as a tomato soup, but there are lots of variations. You can find recipes featuring avocado, grapes, cucumber, and non-vegan stocks. This version highlights one of the ubiquitous summer fruits: watermelon.
The refreshing, raw soup combines watermelon with habenero chilis to provide a kick. You can adjust the amount of chilis to find the perfect heat level to offset the sweet coolness of the watermelon.
This refreshing, cold soup takes advantage of the freshness of summer watermelon.
Write a review
- 3 cups watermelon
- 1 habanero chili
- 1 mango, diced (can be large diced)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom seed
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- finely diced watermelon and mango pieces for garnish
- Assemble all ingredients.
- Remove cardamom seeds from their shells. Remove seeds from watermelon (or buy seedless)
- Place all ingredients except for cilantro and agave in blender and puree.
- Transfer to a bowl, and add agave and cilantro.
- Garnish with finely diced mango and watermelon pieces.
- Best served chilled. Can also garnish with fresh squash blossom or other edible flower.
Things Vegans Cook http://www.thingsveganscook.com/